Any person that bakes at home has to eventually make this super crusty No-Knead Bread; the easiest and crustiest bread ever! Super delicious out of the oven, with hummus or butter. So good for brunch, lunch or dinner. Any occasion could be an excuse to make this bread! Start today and have freshly baked bread for breakfast is always a good idea!
With this easy No-Knead bread we officially start the Pre-Pesach cleaning season. Ha! Better to start early with the cleaning of the infamous flour in the cabinets. This is a great recipe to get started!
It is effortless and basically you just need 4 ingredients, a bowl, a “caldero” (cast iron pot) and patience to wait until is done!
How to make No-Knead Bread
To make this super easy No-Knead bread you’ll need: flour, water, yeast and salt. Mix the dry ingredients and incorporate the water until a rough dough is formed. You will place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and let it rest (pic #1) covered in plastic wrap. After 12 hours the dough should look something like in picture #2, full of air bubbles and very elastic and more than doubled in size.
Preparing the oven and shaping
1 hour before the dough is ready, start preheating the oven to 233°C (450°F). Make sure you place the cast iron with the lid in the oven too, to preheat it, and have a couple of pot holders ready to use.
When the oven and cast iron are ready, the dough should have reached its maximum point of bubbly expression. Take the cast iron carefully out of the oven, and place a piece of baking paper inside (the baking paper is optional, but it can be helpful).
Now, place the dough over a well floured surface (pic #3). The flour will allow you to shape into a ball more easily, and place it in your very hot cast iron pot (pic #4).
IMPORTANT NOTE: keep in mind that YOU DON’T WANT TO INCORPORATE MORE FLOUR INTO THE DOUGH, you just need the flour to be able to shape it without it being a sticky mess.
Baking the Bread
Bake the bread for 30 minutes with the lid on.. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and continue baking for another 20-30 minutes, until your bread is golden brown on top, and very crusty. It should also sound hollow when you tap on the bottom.
Your Super Crusty No-Knead Bread is ready to be devoured!
When you make this easy Crusty No-Knead Bread use the hashtag #kasheribbean to share on social media and, don’t forget to follow on instagram and pinterest to keep up with our easy recipes from us and the blogosphere!
- 450gr bread flour
- 300gr water
- 4gr instant yeast
- 10gr salt
- Preheat the oven to 232°C (450°F). Place the cast iron pot with its lid in it to preheat as well.
- In a bowl, combine flour, yeast and salt.
- Add the water and mix well with a fork or wooden spoon until a rough dough is formed.
- Place the dough on a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature* for 12-14 hours.
- Place the dough on a flat surface covered with enough flour to avoid the dough from sticking.
- Carefully take the cast iron pot out of the oven, place a piece of baking paper on it.
- Gently shape a ball with the dough and place in the pot. Put the lid on, place the pot in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lid and bake for another 20-30 minutes until the bread is golden brown and crusty.
I’ll serve this yummy bread with my Classic Hummus Recipe. What would you serve it with? Let me know in the comment section below so we can try it as well!
Until next time! 😉