Make these easy, fluffy and almost “no-knead” Vegan Hamburger Buns for your next dinner adventure!
The Hamburger Bun Dilemma
Hamburger is one of those things I don’t eat often, but when I do eat hamburger all I want really is to taste that juicy thick burger and not necessarily eat it with a bun that is too thick, heavy, overpowering and super difficult to bite into.
You just want a bun stable enough to hold that thick, juicy burger yet a bun that is fluffy enough to give you the ultimate burger experience. And, this is why, ladies and gentlemen, you need these hamburger buns in your life.
Easy to make: no need equipment to make, just a bowl, your hands and an oven (and even that can be skipped in some circumstances, lol)
Vegan: so, no eggs, no butter… simple, accessible ingredients
Fluffy: zero overpower, just a fluffy guy
Hamburger Buns in the making
To make these hamburger buns you’ll need the most basic ingredients of bread baking: Flour, yeast, water, salt, sugar, a little bit of shortening, and oatmeal to coat before baking; plus the process is fairly simple. So easy that you can totally make this by hand:
The last step will be to let the buns rest again at room temperature, covered with a damp towel, until they double in size again, and are ready to bake.
Hopefully you can see the difference in size 🙂
Baking the Hamburger Buns
When baking bread, make sure your oven is fully preheated so that your bread bakes beautifully. You can always use an oven thermometer to verify the temperature of your oven and have the same results every time.
I usually start preheating my oven after I have shaped the bread, and it is on the second fermentation that can takes around (30 minutes), but keep in mind some ovens can take less or a little more time, so an oven thermometer comes in handy.
When you make these vegan hamburger buns use the tag #kasheribbean to share on social media and, don’t forget to follow on instagram and pinterest to keep up with our easy recipes from us and the blogosphere!
- 550gr bread flour
- 60gr vegetable shortening
- 50gr sugar
- 10gr salt
- 8gr yeast
- 350ml warm water
- Mix dry ingredients and add water.
- Start mixing with your hands until you form a rough dough. Keep kneading until you get an homogeneous dough with no dry spots.
- Lightly grease the bowl, and let the dough rest in the bowl, covered in plastic wrap, until doubled in size.
- Gently deflate the dough, and transfer it to a lightly floured surface. Flatten it out to form a round shape.
- Cut into 8 portions. Lightly oil the palm of your hands to shape each piece.
- Brush the top with water, and dip into a bowl of oatmeal, your preferred seeds or a mix of both.
- Place the buns in a baking sheet, covered with baking paper.
- Bake the buns in a preheated at 190°C (375°F) oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven, and place on a cooling rack for a few minutes before serving.
So, now, tell me, what is your favorite burger to accompany these fluffy buns? Let us know in the comment section below your suggestions!
Until next time! 😉